Simple Oddments Clan
Welcome!
Welcome to Simple Oddments Pack, guests! We're the pack that's simple but fun to be in, with our plot shaped by our members and characters and a territory that expands with each new member. The pack changes and moves with the seasons, each generation brings something new to the table, and every member is connected with each other.

Will you join us? Register now! Follow the instructions listed in your welcoming PM from there!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Simple Oddments Clan
Welcome!
Welcome to Simple Oddments Pack, guests! We're the pack that's simple but fun to be in, with our plot shaped by our members and characters and a territory that expands with each new member. The pack changes and moves with the seasons, each generation brings something new to the table, and every member is connected with each other.

Will you join us? Register now! Follow the instructions listed in your welcoming PM from there!
Simple Oddments Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hello, Guest! Welcome to the pack's site. If you wish to join, remember to use your CHARACTER'S NAME as your USERNAME when you register.
We're currently looking for a Patriarch! There is a form in the Joining Thread for guests, as well as a form here for members.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Mates, Mating and Having Pups
How To Role-Play EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 4:19 am by Randy

» How To Role-Play
How To Role-Play EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 11:21 am by Randy

» Commonly Asked Questions
How To Role-Play EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 6:37 am by Randy

» Affiliate Us
How To Role-Play EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 6:03 am by Randy

» Comments and Reviews
How To Role-Play EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 5:46 am by Randy

» History and Legends of SOC
How To Role-Play EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:12 am by Randy

» Past Rulers of SOC
How To Role-Play EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:05 pm by Randy

» The Sovereign Clan
How To Role-Play EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 11:12 am by Randy

» Posting Your Biography
How To Role-Play EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 6:04 am by Randy

Weather Conditions
Statistics

Season: Early winter
Mating Season: Yes
Birthing Season : No
Newcomers: Accepting
Relatives : Accepting
Non-Relatives : Accepting
Males: 0 total, Accepting
Females: 2 total, Accepting

You are not connected. Please login or register

How To Role-Play

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How To Role-Play Empty How To Role-Play Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:21 am

Randy

Randy

So, you've signed up, finished your biography and had it accepted? That's brilliant! It's always good to have another member onboard, but before you leap into the RP you should take some note to how we actually RP around here. Here are the basics you should know:

➮ All posts must be at least understandable. Though your character can speak another language or none at all, your actual post [normal text such as the actions of your character, description of the world around them, etc.] must be in clear english with good grammar. A mess-up now and again are acceptable: We all make mistakes.
➮ Posts are recommended to be at least - or nearing - 100 words, which is roughly a paragraph.
➮ Your character's speech must have quotation marks ["] where it begins and where it ends, and must be in a different colour. Character's thoughts must have apostrophes ['] on either end of it, be in italics and must be in a different colour to your normal text as well as well.
➮ When your character exits a RP Area [to enter a new one] be sure to write "RP Continues {NAME OF NEW RP AREA HERE}" at the end of your post.
➮ OOC text [out of character; words that don't effect the RP] must be in brackets [ ( {WORDS HERE} ) ] or have the text "OCC:" next to them.
➮ Be sure to roll the dices when they are necessary. [When fighting, hunting, etc. See more about dices here.]
➮ Follow our site rules while posting.
➮ Don't godmod [control other people's characters] or powerplay [have your character be invincible/immortal, kill others with one bite, etc.].
➮ PM me before you start a drama, fight, etc. in the RP, and always check if it's okay to do so with the other RP'er firstly.

So now you know the basic rules of RP and how we do things around here. Now, your probably thinking, 'what does a good RP post look like?' Well, Guest, it looks something along the lines of this:
The female looked at the stranger [Steve] with some suspicion when he asked of how her mother was fairing. 'Hmm, I wonder how he knows her name... Could have Dave told him?' Her thoughts wandered to the brown and cream male of whom she called 'brother' [Dave]. She hadn't seen him in a long time, not since the new Patriarch had been announced.

"I hear Adam has been made the new leader - what do you guys call it? Patriarch, that's it!" Steve's voice snapped her out of her thoughts. "Yes, indeed. I'm sure he will make a fine leader, and perhaps even a mate and father, too, if our dear old Matriarch ever lightens up to him. Poor girl, still brooding over that incident with her parents. I'm sure she'll get over it though." Sue answered.

( OCC: LoL, sorry I didn't post yesterday. )
This post is around 150 words long, which is a good number. Easy to write and easy to read, as well. Notice the use of brackets to explain who they are referring to when actual names are not used and to separate non-RP words from the post. Also notice the good grammar and the use of colours and punctuation marks to make it easy to tell what the character is saying. See below.

'Hmm, I wonder how he knows her name... Could have Dave told him?'
Thoughts [Non verbal, no one can hear them but the character themselves]

"Yes, indeed. I'm sure he will make a fine leader, and perhaps even a mate and father, too, if our dear old Matriarch ever lightens up to him. Poor girl, still brooding over that incident with her parents. I'm sure she'll get over it though."
Speech [Verbal, everyone nearby can hear them]

"I hear Adam has been made the new leader - what do you guys call it? Patriarch, that's it!"
Quote. [Verbal. The speech of another character; hearable by anyone nearby. Not necessary, but recommended.]

( OCC: LoL, sorry I didn't post yesterday. )
Out of character. [Text not affecting the RP or characters. Not necessary.]

I hope this guide has been helpful to you in getting started in the RP. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM a staff member [moderators, administrators] about it.

Guide © Beta Head

http://distant-bloods-pack.forumotion.com/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum